Friday, July 11, 2008

White Noise

We had a delightful time yesterday visiting the home of Marvin and Jean Burhenn, the parents of my dear friend Denise Portis. Gerry and I took an alternate route home from Tampa (for my 5th mapping on my Harmony) in order to see Denise, who had flown to Leesburg, FL from Frederick, MD to enjoy a week's vacation with her folks. Their lovely home is truly Floridian, complete with an interior seascaspe theme of soft blues and sandy yellows and a screened porch with a glorious water garden. Denise, always the thoughtful hostess, had warned me that the water pump created substantial white noise and that conversation out by the water might be challenging. I was pleased to discover that I could still converse while we admired her dad's handiwork. I suspect this would not have occurred with only one CI ear - - - I wish I had thought to slip the headpiece from the magnet on one side and test out my hypothesis. Ah, the wisdom of hindsight . . .

And I didn't ask Gerry to take a picture of Denise and her daughter Kyersten either. Duh! Sometimes I wonder about my brain cell count.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful time too! I'm so glad you made the effort to come... I know I am usually wiped out after a day of mapping! Thank you for taking that "alternative route" home!

After you left, my mom spied my digital camera and exclaimed, "Oh no! You were going to take pictures!" (Next time!)

Hugs,
Denise