Sunday, April 06, 2008

BPPV

BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo) can be awful. If you've ever had it, you know what I mean. There will be no pictures with this post as the scene would be too unpleasant, not to mention embarrassing. Gerry was on the phone with my surgeon after 11:30 pm on Friday evening, seeking advice concerning my vertigo and throwing up. Dr. Danner was so wonderful, staying on the line for over 20 minutes as he told Gerry how to do the Epley maneuver and calling in some prescriptions for nausea and vertigo.

It is now Sunday evening and I'm managing to type this brief account, so things are looking up.

4 comments:

Abbie said...

Oh dear, that does not sound pleasant at all! How are you feeling today?

Denise Portis said...

Hey Sheila!

I hope you are better today! I have never heard of BPPV or the "epley" manuever? I'll have to look both up!

I have Meniere's, and have 3 or 4 bad episodes each year, but no vomiting thank the good Lord!

I'm praying for you!

DeniseP
Frederick, MD

Anonymous said...

I'm doing much better tonight. Thanks for caring. I sure hope it does not raise its ugly head again any time soon!

Anonymous said...

Sheila,

I know exactly how you feel. Dr. Danner is one of my favorite people, even though I prefer to never see him again!!

This is my 4th BPPV episode in less than 2 years.

Take care, hope you never have it again.

lisa